You put a lot of effort into your emails. We help you land them in the inbox and connect with your customers. Drive up your open rates and ROI with our 98% accurate email validation, A.I.-driven email scoring, and powerful deliverability tools.
These 7 Email Personalization Stats Will Make You Rethink Your Marketing Strategy
How many marketing emails have you received today? And how many of them were customized to fit your needs and interests? Although marketers talk so much about email personalization, not all of them manage to craft their communication around this approach.
Granted, it isn’t an easy job. But if there’s anything guaranteed in the future of digital marketing, it’s the need for personalization. To give you even more reason to adopt it in your strategy, we’ve gathered 7 stats that reflect the current marketers – consumers relationship. When it comes to email, the numbers speak for themselves.
Email personalization stats
- Personalized email subject lines increase open rates by 26%.
Read more about how to write a compelling subject line!
- Targeted emails sent to carefully segmented lists generate 58% of all revenue.
See how our email validation system enhances your list by adding missing information about your subscribers!
- Transactional rates are 6x higher when emails are personalized.
Make sure your emails get in the inbox by keeping up with your email hygiene!
- When an email lacks personalization, 52% of customers say they will choose a different place to shop.
Learn how to personalize your campaigns and engage your audience!
- If email marketing has a ROI of $44 for every $1 spent, personalized email marketing generates an average ROI of 122%.
Read our email deliverability guide to ensure you’re reaching genuine people!
- 57% of marketers say they have achieved better visitor engagement due to email personalization.
Read this interview with email copywriter Chanteuse Marie to get her best tips on writing engaging emails!
- 33% of marketers around the globe say personalization is going to be the most important thing in marketing in the coming years.
See what other trends are popular in email marketing right now!
People are willing to share their private data in exchange of personalized offers
Let’s take a look at the fifth edition of Salesforce’s State of Marketing report, 2018. According to the research:
- 80% of customers say the experience a company provides matters as much as its products and services. Also, 44% of them say they will continue to buy from a company that has offered them a personalized shopping experience.
- 84% of customers say being treated like a person, not a number, is very important to winning their business.
Furthermore, people are more open than you think when it comes to sharing their personal information in exchange of better personalized offers.
- 79% of customers are willing to share data for contextualized engagement
- 88% will do so for personalized offers
In the same report, marketers say that personalization improves lead generation, customer acquisition and upselling. Also, they have noticed improvements across the rest of the customer journey.
74% of organizations use email marketing
If you had any doubts about the effectiveness of email marketing, this stat is bound to remove them: over 70% of marketers use email to communicate and strengthen their relationship with their leads and customers.
Here are the top channels marketers use in 2018/2019:
- website: 82%
- email marketing: 74%
- display banners ads: 64%
- social advertising: 65%
- social publishing: 62%
When it comes to video advertising, 54% of marketing professionals say they use it, and 35% of them are planning to use it in the next year. Also, native advertising is going to see a significant increase, with 71% of marketers saying it will become a bigger part of their strategy.
The State of Marketing report is based on a survey of more than 4,000 professionals across the globe.